Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist will be comfortable developing content for a variety of mediums (print collateral, video, website, landing pages, blogs, white papers, eBooks, email, social media, digital, etc.) within brand standards. The successful candidate will have experience managing customized and complex email campaigns as well as developing and implementing Social Media strategy. The Social Media Specialist should be able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize.
- Serve as subject matter expert for issues regarding social media marketing, email, and SEO best practices.
- Write concise, engaging content that adheres to brand guidelines for tone and voice, use language best practices for the given channel/medium, and is optimized for search engines.
- Experience utilizing an email service provider’s marketing platform to build, test and deploy email campaigns to drive engagement.
- Update automated and transactional campaigns regularly
- Test and review email campaigns to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Monitor deliverability and bounce backs; follow up on resulting issues.
- Maintain reports; compile email data and lessons learned
- Actively participate in a wide range of social media activities; manage cross-platform social media campaigns.
- Assist in identifying new and emerging opportunities to distinguish American’s First Organizations social listening, monitoring, and measuring practices. Seek out influencer marketing opportunities
- Analyze past and current social posts and campaigns to continually optimize brand posts
- Tell a detailed story about the meaning of social media analytics and explain the “so what” behind all social media strategies and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned
Education/ Work Experience Requirements and Desired Skills:
- United States Citizenship and the ability to provide proof is a requirement.
- As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of American’s First Organization and be driven by the mission of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field preferred but not required.
- Experience in content creation, social media content, editing, email analytics and marketing required.
- Strong analytical skills. Self-motivated and a strong team player. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Easily adaptable to different goals for each assignment.
- Education marketing experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills.
- Great customer service skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Able to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing.
- Language Skills: Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Able to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Able to effectively present information to executive management, faculty, staff, and/or volunteers.
- Mathematical Skill: Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to present facts to faculty for departmental response. Able to deal with a variety of information presented in oral or written formats. Able to deal with non-verbal behavior in assisting with problem resolution.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, and make presentations
- This position may involve sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- The ability to work among distractions is required.
- Integrity – operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
- Motivated/Results Oriented – fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
- Mission Oriented – passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a competitive disciplined execution for results
- Listening Skills – must be an active listener to insure client needs are fully understood and met
- Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by December 15, 2017 to:
Position is open until filled
American’s First Organization is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.