Under the supervision and direction of the Program Manager or Director of Operations, the Security Coordinator will effectively implement all appropriate risk management strategies, related to the safety and security of personnel during events. Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the management, implementation and oversight of all security operations in support of staff and activities.
- Ensure all functions mentioned below are carried out in an efficient and effective manner while providing maximum security support to events.
- Coordinate all security requirements with Local Law Enforcement and all relevant security procedures are implemented in a timely manner to support events as required.
- Provide additional security support and training to employees and volunteers as required.
- Develop and maintain a great working relationship with Local Law Enforcement to ensure continuing support of American’s First Organization events.
- Ability to develop a security plan to support all projects, events and activities pertaining to American’s First Organization.
- Design and implement all related security strategies, security policies/standards and establish a course of action for their implementation and review.
- As required and in coordination with the Director of Operations, manage administrative, logistic and budgetary issues related to safety and security for American’s First Organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid military or police qualifications with a focus on security and related operations;
- At least 7 (seven) years of progressively responsible experience in security operations and information management in a police or military environment.
- Proven operational unit or sub-unit command, staff and leadership experience required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to address publicly small and large groups of people.
Education/ Work Experience Requirements and Desired Skills:
- United States Citizenship and the ability to provide proof is a requirement.
- As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of American’s First Organization and be driven by the mission of the organization.
- Excellent skills in information collection and analysis procedures with a view to recognizing potential threats and dangers. An ability to exercise sound and strong management skills in times of crisis and emergencies.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills including the production of policy and procedure papers supporting American’s First Organization.
- Ability to provide instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
- High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy work load and to delegate accordingly. Demonstrates sound judgment in security operation and information management skills.
- Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the project Security Section.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Able to effectively communicate orally (in person and by telephone) and in writing.
- Must be prompt and dependable.
- Able to work with minimum day to day supervision.
- The nature of this work is also somewhat unpredictable and the successful candidate must have the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must possess valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Integrity – operates within the highest ethical standards and integrity in all aspects of the position
- Motivated/Results Oriented – fantastic record of personal drive and the determination to succeed
- Mission Oriented – passionate about helping others; ownership spirit with a competitive disciplined execution for results
- Listening Skills – must be an active listener to insure client needs are fully understood and met
- Influence – skilled at directing and motivating others towards personal, academic and professional success
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by December 15, 2017 to:
Position is open until filled
American’s First Organization is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.